TCAUG Recap | December 2019
First and foremost, we want to hear from you!
Please fill out our quick survey to let us know what you want to see in 2020 (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3YR3GJB). Your input will be key in making 2020 our best year yet!
Welcome and 2019 Meeting Review
A huge thank you to everyone that attended the December Twin Cities Alteryx User Group Meeting at Tesselation in the North Loop! Here is a quick recap of what we talked about:
I (@BradWerner) walked us through some of the great resources available in the Alteryx Community:
- 2019.4 is now available (2019.4 Release Notes)
- Overview of Alteryx Community, Alteryx Academy, User Group Updates
- Input Digital Magazine (https://www.alteryx.com/input)
- Alteryx Analytics Beta Program (https://betaprogram.alteryx.com/welcome/)
- Alter Everything Podcast (Alter Everything page)
We then covered all of the fantastic Alteryx content that our local community has seen throughout 2019. Check out the attached slide deck for details on each meeting. So much good content here!
During the meeting, I mentioned how Jim Van Sistine's presentation on Alteryx certifications during our May meeting helped me through my Alteryx certification journey. Well, he also wrote a summary of his talk on his blog. Here is a link to that article! Thanks to Jim for the great content!
All of the attendees joined in for a great discussion around what content, locations, and other details that would be great to see in 2020. Here is the list of possible content that we came up with:
- Beginner Day
- Server Tips and Tricks
- Server Reporting
- Weekly Challenges (Link To Community Page)
- Promote demo or use case
- In-person Core certification prep and exam
- In-person Advanced certification prep and exam
- Participate in Alteryx For Good (https://www.alteryx.com/why-alteryx/alteryx-for-good)
- Analytic Apps - How to Build/Use Cases
- Alteryx Tips and Tricks (See List Here)
- Nick's Glassdoor Scraper (Community Post Here)
- Analytics Day
- In Kahoots Trivia Game
- Happy Hour on the Roof (Networking)
Did we miss anything? As I mentioned above, please fill out this survey to make your voice heard! We would love to hear from YOU!
Aidan Bramel (@AidanBramel) then led everyone through an amazing game of trivia with fun prizes from Alteryx. Check out the attached slides for the questions and answers. I think we all learned something new!
Thank you again to everyone that attended this event and any event in 2019. It was an awesome year to be a member of our local Alteryx community and I can't wait to share in the excitement of what 2020 will be!
Are you interested in presenting at, or hosting, TCAUG? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or directly message any of us to let us know!
We hope to see you all soon!
The TCAUG Leaders