Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Women of Analytics

Women of Analytics India

Nezrin
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

WoA India v2.png

Hi everyone! I am very thrilled to start the subgroup- Women of Analytics India.

Thanks to @Deanna for the inspiration from DFW WoA group and mentoring me. This would also be one of the key themes I would like this group to benefit from - Mentorship

I am from Bangalore and within my 6 months of interaction on the Alteryx community and my first user group meeting, I am even more convinced how powerful this space is. Women of Analytics as rightly mentioned is a great platform to network, learn, motivate, unite to think and act to drive change.

I would like to start a subgroup and lead this initiate from India. Rupali Rege (@SanRup) has also accepted the invite to become the Mumbai face and join the leadership team. Meanwhile, I would really encourage people from different regions to join the leadership group to have representations throughout the country.

If you are interested to be part of the leadership group, feel free to post your comments or ping me or mail me at nezrin.noushad@gmail.com. We can connect further to establish our roles and responsibilities, and to discuss further on the format and structure.

Before we setup in-person meetings, we will leverage the community to roll out discussion topics to understand what the members would like from this group and what works best. We can also have meetings adjacent to our user group meets which would be a great opportunity to get to know many women analytics pioneers, their journey and how we can enrich our learning and utilize this forum to share our stories and knowledge.

Please let me know your comments, thoughts or ideas that you have in mind and we will definitely take it forward! Looking forward for your responses.

Tagging the Bangalore user group leads @ydmuley @scolaco@SubratDas5 and @MaddieJ , @SeanAdams, for your continuous support.

Thanks,
Nez
Alteryx ACE | Sydney Alteryx User Group Lead | Sydney SparkED Contributor
8 REPLIES 8
scolaco
7 - Meteor
Awesome initiative Nez! This is a great way to empower women and at the same time encourage them to showcase their skills! Wishing you all the success with this :)
LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for taking the initiative @Nezrin!  It's great to see these subgroups pop-up.

It's a true movement, and am eager to see how the Women of Analytics group continue to progress!

Anviksha1
5 - Atom
Hey Nezrin, Fantastic Initiative- please include me as part of the leadership group.

Sorry for the delay, I am having issues with my user account in alteryx - conversation with Alteryx Support is in process.
Anviksha
7 - Meteor
Hey Nezrin, Fantastic Initiative - please count me in for leadership group.
Nezrin
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Its official now!

Thanks @Anviksha @Krisha @SanRup for joining the leadership group.

Brace yourself for the upcoming events :)

Thanks,
Nez
Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Awesome work, @Nezrin!!  And congratulations to you and the others in the leadership teams for the Bangalore and Mumbai groups!  This is inspiring to see, and you are already making such a positive impact by encouraging others to start and lead their own groups as well.

You are right, mentoring is a major part of forming these initiatives, and I am very happy to assist you in your endeavors!  Our Dallas/Fort Worth Women of Analytics leadership team has been discussing mentorship, and we are working on ways we can create a mentor program in our area.  This program would be not only for those who are newer to the analytics realm, but also for those who have years of experience, yet are looking to expand their knowledge and careers.  We will keep you and this group posted as to how the mentor program is structured, what we learn as we go along, and how we can share ideas with you and other Women of Analytics groups!

Please feel free to reach out to me any time; again, excellent work, and we look forward to all you accomplish next!

@Deanna

Deanna
ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

All the best @Nezrin and team for a great initiative! Looking forward to the updates from these events :)

womeninanalytics.jpg

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)

Alteryx ACE | Alteryx For Good India Lead | Bengaluru Alteryx User Group Lead
Nezrin
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Thats really awesome @Deanna We were on our discussions on how we can start looking at mentor-ship in different ways.

One of which is reaching out to colleges or universities to guide the young generation on what to expect from an analytics career. I am personally reaching out to my university where I pursued my masters in Business Intelligence to check the possibility of conducting a session to de-mestify these topics to guide and mentor the students.

Really keen to know how the program turns out to be. Please keep us posted and thank you so much for your encouragement :)

Thanks,
Nez