Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Women of Analytics

Knitting and Alteryx?

Charity_K_Wilson
10 - Fireball

Knitting and Workflows.jpgDoes anyone else see a connection between knitting and Alteryx?  I think the systematic and creative side of knitting has so much in common with workflows.  And I think my knitting teaches me how to think thru a workflow.  If I want to make a scarf, I need this 400 yards.  If I want create an Attrition Curve I need to know how many people quit at what interval in their career.

Anyone else see this relationship?

7 REPLIES 7
hholland
7 - Meteor

I'm a crocheter and really never thought about it, however I completely agree. I like those colors :)

YeahMan
8 - Asteroid

Not a knitter, but greatly amused :)

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
gaoa
11 - Bolide

Such a cute and insightful observation! 😄

Nonsensely
7 - Meteor

I do knit, sporadically, but being left-handed perform the stitches backward. The patterns seem to work out as they should, somehow. However, this leaves me 100% unable to teach my granddaughter. 🙄

Maybe this applies to analytics as well. There is always more than one way to reach a desired outcome. Some more convoluted than others. 

GosiaK
7 - Meteor

Knitter and crocheter myself and I completely agree, there is a clear connection.

It's where creativity and attention to detail meets together to make something great.