Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Women of Analytics

SOLVED

Inspiration

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

I thought today to start a conversation in this group. I am a Data Analyst and working with Tableau and Alteryx Designer since last  few years. I switched my career from Biology background to Analytics. My brother is my inspiration who is Director of Analytics in renowned company.

I want to know more about group members of which I am a part since last year. 

Who inspired you to pursue career in Analytics?

Share your stories to inspire each other.

Hope to hear from all members of the group.

5 REPLIES 5
Erin
9 - Comet

Thank you @Alteryx_AR for starting this thread and hello to all the Women in Analytics! 

At my previous company, I was a business analyst brought on to automate reports done solely in Excel. I started by creating some basic macros when I heard of an internal training in automation. After raising my hand, I started training in Alteryx and fell in love with this tool - to the point that it was a personal requirement when I started looking for a new role. I am not inspired by a specific person, but am motivated by the run time in Alteryx. I absolutely love taking manual long broken processes in other tools and automating those sustainably in Alteryx. 

Interested to hear what or whom other are inspired by! 

Erin

CT2019
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Alteryx_AR.

I have a similar story to @Erin. I had just certified as a black belt in lean six sigma and was looking for my next role when there was an opening in analytics. I knew nothing of the field, nothing of Alteryx or Tableau. I was overwhelmed and inspired when I went to the conference in Nashville in 2019 and decided to study for certification (got it!). There were data sets I had used before that would have benefited. Now data strategy is a primary project for my work.

If you are passionate about Alteryx and analytics, I encourage you to check out the Alteryx Innovator program. I just joined this year and there are many Alteryx fans to connect with!

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

Thank you for replying back and sharing your journey with us. 

Erin
9 - Comet

Thanks @CT2019 ! I googled the Alteryx Innovator program and it looks really interesting. More here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Analytics/Introducing-the-Alteryx-Innovator-Program/ba-p/559214 

Mbejar
5 - Atom

Hello I am a Business Analyst due to my prior role I was a SME, however its not the same.  I use to look at single scenarios and do a deep dive.  Now I am looking at massive data scenarios.  While my role says Analyst, wow I didnt realize how behind I was until I met a awesome person who took the time to explain and show me how to look at it all.  I was intrigued, I started with learning excel, but recently came across alteryx.  I took a crack at it, no prior experience and was able to lump a few months of reporting and get what I needed. So now of course I want to learn how to do it all.  I learn something new on every lesson.  

Thank you for starting this thread. Its nice to see not everyone is an expert. 😁