Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Women of Analytics

Fight COVID-19 with Data: Join the Women in Data Hackathon Today

Reanna
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

When looking at any issue related to the COVID-19 pandemic, there is one thing that we consistently turn to uncover truths and determine our next decisions: the data. There is so much data around COVID-19, from infection rates to comfortability statistics on returning back to the office. Want to get more involved in learning about these types of datasets and how they are being used to help overcome the pandemic, all while improving your analytics capabilities and presentation skills? We have a special opportunity for the Women of Analytics to get involved with a hackathon – powered by TrueCue and Women in Data – an event in which participants will team up to solve challenging, relevant problems our society faces today with limited time. The best part? You’ll get to put your Alteryx skills to the test, whether you’re new to Alteryx or are already an experienced Alteryx addict.

How do I get involved?

• You can register for the hackathon as either a participant or a facilitator.
  • To be a participant, you do NOT need to be undertaking a degree in a STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) subject.
  • Anyone with an interest in data analysis who has some experience working to shape, analyze and display data is welcome.

Register here before Oct. 6, 2020 to sign up as a participant.

Already an experienced data guru, and want to help others?

• By signing up to be a facilitator, you can directly contribute in helping other women in their early stages of the career, while showcasing your expertise and making new friends.
  • As a facilitator, you will not be expected to work directly on the project, but to help guide a hackathon team of three to five participants.

Register here before Oct. 6, 2020 to volunteer as a facilitator.

To learn more about the Women in Data Hackathon, visit truecue.com/womenindata/hackathon.

We hope that you’ll join TrueCue and Women in Data in supporting women in analytics all while learning about the critical data in this pandemic through this hackathon opportunity.

18 REPLIES 18
gsarcona
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for sharing! I signed up. 

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for sharing with the Women of Analytics group @Reanna !  Looking forward to seeing group members get involved in this great opportunity!

bingqian_gao
7 - Meteor

Thank you for sharing this with the Community Reanna!

Look forward to having more of you on-board and making this a great experience for all participants and facilitators!

Leeia_I
9 - Comet

Anyone want to sign up as a team? 

KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

Hello, 

Thanks for sharing the information about the Event. I would like to participate!

To become a participant and solve case study, should we gather the team? or can we sign-up individually? 

CampbellRG
7 - Meteor

I just emailed asking if we could sign up as a team and they add more people to bring it up to to the standard team size if we don't have enough members. Hoping it can be done, as I'm looking forward to working with you ladies 🙂 

NilahG
5 - Atom

I signed up individually already but I'd love to join a team if anyone does get through to them.

Thanks!

Nilah George

KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

I already signed the form. I saw that in the form there is question about the team, but I did not see where to input the answer. 

"If so, what is the name of your team? 
Only answer if you are registering as part of a team. Please make sure all your teammates enter the same name."

For now, there are 4 of us:

We can participate as one team (there should by team for 3-5 people, so we are set 🙂 ).

@CampbellRG : once you got the answer, could you write to them that we want to participate as one team?

sucansa
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Hi ladies,

Can I join any existing team or am I late in the game? Would love to work as a team rather than individually! 

Thanks

Suchitra