Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Women of Analytics

Call for AUG Leaders and Presenters

ChrisS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

My name is Chris, and I work on the User Group team here at Alteryx.

I wanted to reach out to the Women of Analytics group to share some amazing opportunities to get involved with Alteryx User Groups!

We are currently looking for both leaders and presenters for our Industry/Departmental User Groups.

First off, I’d like to provide a high-level overview of these groups. The Industry/Departmental User Groups are independent volunteer organizations created and run by users. The User Groups meet virtually, once per quarter, for one hour. We reach out to the global audience in areas such as Finance, Healthcare, Transportation, Marketing and Public Sector (coming soon). Our discussions revolve around in-depth use cases (workflows) to how Alteryx is changing a user’s team or organization.

As a leader, you would work with a team of others from various companies. The leadership team discusses and finalizes the user groups date/time of meetings, topics for that industry or department, agendas and guests to present their use cases. You will get the chance to attend and meet in person, up to twice a year, at our company’s annual conference, Inspire.

As a presenter, you would submit your use case to the leadership team for the chance to present at a user groups quarterly meeting. If selected to present, we send SWAG to our presenters as a way of thanking them for taking the time out of their schedule to share their best practices and Alteryx knowledge. Finally, there is also a chance to receive a free ticket to Inspire!

If you have general questions about these opportunities, please feel free to comment below. You are also more than welcome to reach out to me (@ChrisS) directly to discuss further.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Chris Shernaman
Community Manager
19 REPLIES 19
LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for sharing @ChrisS !

I'd love it if some of our current User Group leaders would be willing to share a bit about their experience with Alteryx User Groups with the WoA Community! I'm tagging several User Group leaders to this thread for comment.

@Lynsie-D@HeatherMHarris@Deanna@Nezrin@scolaco@buscategui-itp@SamanthaSpackman@kaylakurtzpd@Samanthaj_hughes@kscholer@alyon@becki@Kenda@alv728@rb5@grodge13@ThizViz@ColleenH218@b_b@nicolegalang@AnetteKyrre@Pepper@Ari_Fuller@whitney-fee@NicoleJohnson@irina_mihai@Seira_Y@tessaenns@sylvia_p@kmatthews@mayers@LilianH@kat

Whether you're actively serving as a user group leader, or have presented at a meeting, we'd love for you to share a bit about how you've benefitted from taking on more of a leadership role within your user group.

Thank you in advance for sharing tips/thoughts with the Community!

SGolnik
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I have presented in the Healthcare Industry user group. Presenting in a user group is a great way to not only showcase the good work you are doing, but a great way to build your confidence for public speaking. The Alteryx employees and user group leaders do a phenomenal job of preparing you for your presentation. As an introvert with a fear of public speaking, I can say that the experience was very rewarding.

I would love the opportunity to be a part of the leadership team for the Healthcare industry user group!!!

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Great idea, I would love to help.

Are you looking for a post or a webinar of a few of us?

Best regards,

Samantha

#Alteryxrocks
sarahbowling
5 - Atom

I would love to learn more about being a leader, or at least being involved in the group!  

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I would love to get involved with or start up a User Group started in the professional services (i.e., Consulting) industry. We could ALL benefit from collaborating together on how to implement better analytics in our industry.

Best,

Esther

Esther Bezborodko
Senior Trainer & Learning Lead - Analytics

McKinsey & Co., Inc.

MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@SGolnik I absolutely loved your presentation for the Heathcare user group! Thank you so much for your feedback here. I completely agree, the preparation ahead of time is key, and the leaders and User Groups team love to cheer on presenters every step of the way. 

So glad that the experience was rewarding!

alv728
8 - Asteroid

I would love to get involved as a leader and/or presenter for the marketing user group! I have minimal experience leading the Kansas City user group as it's pretty new, but I'd love to get more involved.

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yay!! @Samanthaj_hughes you would be amazing!!!

Thanks for creating a BIG buzz ladies!

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@alv728 any kinds of experience would be great! This is a brand new group too, so it also has little to no experience. ;) 

As you know by leading the charge in STL, user groups are all about bringing together groups of people to grow their Alteryx skills! Thank you so much for what you are doing in STL and thanks for chiming in!