Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

What’s one thing you would ONLY use Alteryx to do?

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

GOT THOUGHTS.png

Welcome to the very first edition of the Thursday Thought, a weekly thread where we pose a question to the community and invite you to share your experience. Whether you're new to Alteryx (like me!) or consider yourself a data blending connoisseur, the Alteryx Community wants to hear from you! Feel free to include as much or as little information as you like. All “thoughts” are welcome & encouraged!

Question:

What's one thing you would ONLY use Alteryx to do? And why?

16 REPLIES 16
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Having had to solve this problem before, there is no other way I would solve it but to use the Make Group tool.  If I had to navigate an ID history table and understand how ID's merge and shift over time, I would only solve it with Alteryx:

Given an ID, you don't know if it is OLD or NEW can you merge the result to find the most newest form of the ID?

ID OLD_ID
10 100
10 20
20 50
30 60
55 300
50 250
60 400
250 600
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm going to have to say what we've all been thinking but don't have the guts to say:

FANTASY FOOTBALL.

Bulien

simon_runc
7 - Meteor

FANTASY FOOTBALL.

Love it...it's true you are just saying what everyone else was thinking!!! We all only really do all the business stuff with Alteryx to tick the "business case" box, when we all know what it's really for!! :D

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@mceleavey, @simon_runc -- Does your competition know that you have a huge advantage over them? I mean, its kinda like counting cards ;)

Since you brought it up, I figured I might as well point out some articles that could help you (or anyone else for that matter!) take home the Shiva Bowl next season:

Good luck!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Ha.
Actually, being from the UK mine is based on real football ;)
Of anyone has a subscription to Opta they are willing to share, that would be marvellous.

Bulien

simon_runc
7 - Meteor

...All's fair in Love and Football!!

Excellent article...I do use import.io, so very useful. Thanks for sharing (...yes mine is "real" football too!!...but I can apply the same priciples)

plim
6 - Meteoroid

Second that! Data blending is the ONE AND ONLY critical requirement. Working in a company built from multiple M&A really needs a good data blending application to "glue together" those desperate data sources!

Labels