Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

westontnelson - excited to be here!

westontnelson
5 - Atom

Dreaming With Data.

I'm one of the few people, in our present day environment, that has a feel for the power and impact of data analytics over the next couple decades - I don't know exactly how things will turn out, but I do know with certainty that it will be the most pivotal time in recorded history. Big data, in giving rise to data science, is NOT the new oil, it is something much, much, much more valuable, and also of a different dimension. Because, when you include in the definition of "value", some things that are not typically, associated with it in the traditional business sense of ROI, it is almost unfathomable to comprehend.

When we master data analytics - people won't get sick anymore, you'll never see a traffic jam as long as you live, and we will legitimately find a way to feed starving children all over the world. It's the truth - not a pipe dream. The potential business and societal impact of data analytics springs me out of bed in the morning. But there's a lot that could go wrong too and I think we need to recognize and plan for this.

I'm dedicated to lifelong learning, engaging in challenging work, and bringing the transformative power of modern technology to benefit and empower as many of Earth's 8 billion residents as possible.

Excited to be here!

Weston

3 REPLIES 3
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @westontnelson,

Welcome to the Community!

Here's to hoping your vision comes true!!!!

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

And we are super excited to have you and your wonderful vibe as part of our Alteryx Community, @westontnelson

Let the light shine and happy solving! 

Flávia Brancato
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @westontnelson

welcome to Alteryx family! Great to see so much enthusiasm! You're in the right place, you'll meet a lot of Data passionates here.

We recently launched an Industry Discussions forum to engage on your specific domain of expertise. We are building up content with our members and we would welcome your contributions. 

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, and we look forward to seeing you around the community! 

Cheers, 

Steph Vitale-Havreng
Labels