Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

rodberry - digital strategist from a background in creative arts, music and tech research

rodberry
5 - Atom

Hi all, I became interested in Alteryx after recently interviewing for a data analyst job where Alteryx was a requirement. I had not previously imagined myself as a data analyst. My work with data has so far been through creative projects using Touch Designer software and other node-based development environments, as well as business-related data work in Excel, Google fusion Tables and Google Data Studio. to make up dashboards for people etc.

Alteryx feels very familiar because its node-based interface is a little like TouchDesigner (www.derivative.ca). Although Touch Designer is primarily for real-time interactive 3D graphics and sound, it has a set of data operators that let you fetch and transform data in similar ways to Alteryx.

9d2edaf948bf4c0aa337a36b3b099911.jpg

My plan is to skill up and become certified in Alteryx and to get a broader understanding of the various roles where it can be used effectively.

I am hoping to eventually pick up some work where I can partially learn on the job, as long as I already have a decent grounding in managing, transforming, interpreting and presenting data in the context of a large business or organization.

cheers,

Rodney

1 REPLY 1
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @rodberry 

Welcome to the Alteryx Community.  I think you will really like Alteryx Designer as it has a quick learning curve to get started, but has very powerful tool to "go beyond the basics".  I recommend working through the Learn tabs and completing some Weekly Challenges.  If you have questions, there are always lots of people who can give you answers in the Discussions pages.

Labels