Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

msmit265 | MJ Smith | MS Analytics 2020 Grad | incoming KPMG Tax Analytics Consultant

msmit265
5 - Atom

Hello,

My name is MJ Smith. I will complete an MS in Analytics program and am slated to start as a Tax Data & Analytics Associate with KPMG in summer of 2020. 

I spent the majority of my career selling analytic software before leveraging a masters program to pivot into a functional role. The program focused on excel, sql, rStudio, python and tableau. In addition to the curriculum, I leveraged my academic access to LinkedIn Learning to complete 13 certifications in a variety of technical and non-technical areas. 

It appears that I will be using Alteryx quite a bit in my new role and am excited to use my free time to get certified. I have completed the "getting started" training and am now prepping for the core/advanced certification. 

Request 1 - Any guidance or advice on how to create a good routine or weekly checklist of accessing additional information from the community (outside of the training/certification content) is greatly appreciated.

Request 2 - Any direction to previous blogs, challenges, use cases ect that are Tax/Audit Focused would really help me accelerate my knowledge of the space as I do not come from a tax/audit background! 

Question - Prior to completing the "general" training, I found myself on a page that had training broken up into 3 buckets, "General", "Tax/Audit" and "HR". I can not seem to find that page again. So, if anyone is familiar with what I am talking about or can let me know if I dreamed this up that would be great!! 

Onward, 

MJS 

1 REPLY 1
EricR

Welcome to the Alteryx Community MJ!

The 3 buckets you are referring to appear at the beginning of the Getting Started Learning Path.  If you restart the learning path, you will get access to that page again.

The best way to find tax/audit specific examples on Community is to use our built in search functionality and explore the options!

We have several tax examples available in the Use Case section of Community including these two (example and example).  There are blog posts and discussion board threads available as well (example, example).

Our weekly challenges may not match exactly what you are looking for, but they cover a wide array of topics and tasks that will help develop your abilities with Designer.  I recommend starting with the beginner challenges (example), and progressing from there.

We have very active Community members that will be happy to answer your questions and provide insights throughout your Alteryx journey.

All the best, 

Eric

Labels