Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

; autoNick_Thomas

Nick_Thomas
5 - Atom

Hmm, so who am I? Well clearly I have a love for all things data or I wouldn't be here! my charts are all made of pie (dad joke) - Seriously there are better chart types than Pie! (but none as tasty..mmmmmmm) I'm an aussie who has been working In Business Analytics with a focus on Business Performance for longer than I can remember. I literally and actually do this stuff for fun. My wife LOVES it (not) when i build a new data warehouse to track something around the house.

So, onto the fun stuff! I'm tool agnostic and firmly believe in finding the right tool to solve a problem rather than making the problem fit into a tool. 

But......

When it comes to Automated insight generation I found that I kept coming back to Auto Insights. Over and over. For 5+ years now. If AAI can be broken i've probably done it. Or plan to. (Sorry-not Sorry.) Load data - throw some quick missions together - give to stakeholder. Job Done. Make Coffee. Too Easy!

I'm also a tableau developer with around 10 years experience so i'm pretty well versed on good visualisation techniques too - It's all about good story telling at the end of the day.

I've always had a soft spot for Auto Insights though because of how unbelievably easy it is to use once you get to know her. 

So in a nutshell - I use whatever tool i can get my hands on to solve problems but when it comes to Insights you'll often find me loading data sets into Auto Insights.

1 REPLY 1
NitashaP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Nick_Thomas Welcome to the Alteryx Community! You have definitely come to the right place full of data lovers like you! 

Labels