Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Reconnecting with the community - Hi!

danny_mtm
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I may have already introduced myself a while back but thought it'd be nice to reconnect with the community.

I've been using Alteryx for a couple of years now but don't really use anything outside of the scope of my work. As I need to recertify (core) I'm going to push on and try to achieve advanced in the next few months to learn new skills.

7 REPLIES 7
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Welcome back @danny_mtm !  The Community is a great way to hone your skills.  If you're not already aware, there's a whole Alteryx Academy now right here on the Community with plenty of resources to help you gear up for the advanced cert.  Another great way is to do a bunch of Weekly Challenges and even get more involved with the discussion boards and trying to help other users work through their workflows they're having trouble with.

Cheers!

shannonem
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome 'back' @danny_mtm😊

What kind of skills outside of what you do are you looking to push yourself on? I am always curious as to what our members are learning about to push themselves.

Shannon Emery, she/her
danny_mtm
7 - Meteor

Hi @shannonem,

Thank you, it's nice to be back.

At the moment we have a number of workflows in order to process a standard dataset which in turn populates a set of reports built out in Tableau. My job is to basically troubleshoot any issues and to modify the workflows in order to answer any additional queries the client may come up with (and believe me they are good at that!).

Sometimes I don't have the knowledge to make the modifications and have to rely on an external contractor which I am keen to move away from.

I am comfortable with basic data manipulation but would like to learn how to create macros to further the automation.

psharm74
5 - Atom

Hi Danny,

welcome back, think we both are sailing the same boat.

I am sure community will be a great place for us to grow.

shannonem
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

In typical Shannon fashion, I decided to take a look for a few Community resources around macros.

You both may know about these, @danny_mtm & @psharm74 but you never know who else is taking a look at the introductions for help. 😊

A couple of resources: 

Getting Started with Standard Macros

Getting Started with Batch Macros 

Getting Started with Iterative Macros 

Hopefully you all's boat can row in the same direction! 

Shannon Emery, she/her
danny_mtm
7 - Meteor

Thanks @shannonem,

That's my afternoons training session sorted for today :)

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @danny_mtm , awesome to have you reconnect! 
have you managed to give the advanced exam a go yet? Happy to help you if I can!

I would also recommend the Alteryx Use Cases:
https://www.alteryx.com/use-case-navigator?page=1
These can help understand how other organisations within your sphere are using the platform!

Kind Regards,
TheOC

Bulien
Labels