Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Oren_Soloman, and my name is actually Chris

Oren_Soloman
8 - Asteroid

I just have to remind myself to keep this short and sweet.  I graduated from College with a BA of Mathematics back in 2007.  Problem was, my degree was designed to prepare me for Grad School, which I didn't end up doing.  Struggling to find a job, I went back to school and earned a certification in Actuarial Science in 2013.  I currently work as a Tax Preparer for H and R Block, which is only a seasonal position, and while looking for a more solid year round job I've seen a lot of Data Analytics positions available.  By completing this course, coupled with both my Actuarial Science Certification and my Mathematics degree, I am hoping to find a job as a data analyst for an insurance company.   (I actually got a job interview for a data analyst position with a local insurance company about a year ago, but I didn't make it past the first cut.  Hopefully by adding this to my resume I'll have a better chance in the future)

Formalities out of the way, I enjoy Acting and Singing.  In fact, I was a week away from opening a show with a local theater when the Pandemic hit and we were forced to close before we could even start.   I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore gamer, but I like playing video games in my freetime.  I have 5 cats, but I consider myself more of an animal person in general.

1 REPLY 1
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Welcome @Oren_Soloman !  You'll find the community here helpful, responsive and very friendly.  Your journey thus far sounds slightly familiar!  I too graduated with a Math degree, going towards teaching, but that didn't quite happen!  Of course it was probably before you were born, but I can relate LOL !  Feel free to reach out to the community with any questions or guidance.  Look forward to watching your journey!

Labels