Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Just trying to start out with Alteryx from Access background

Motivator
7 - Meteor

HI, I am just trying to get to grips with Alteryx, in some ways it is a great tool and easy to get basics together, but I ma struggling with  some other aspects.

However I am sure it will all become clear soon.

1 REPLY 1
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Motivator, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

If you are just starting out your experience with the Designer product, I would recommend leveraging Alteryx's learning modules available under the Academy section of this Community site. They have guided learning videos to help you get a sense of how to think about the product, and how each tool fits in to solve a given business problem.

Once done with the videos, solving the Weekly Challenges (found under Academy) is a good way for you to build your Alteryx muscle. There are many exercises here but you can start small and see where you go with it. We have the benefit of looking at solutions posted by others if you are looking for inspiration to build upon.    

Lastly, one of the best ways to learn the product is to try solving as many business problems as you can with the tool and post questions on the Discussions board if you run into challenges. My general rule of thumb is if you cannot solve a problem in 20mins, ask for help. The Community has a global coverage, and so you may not have to wait long for a response, and don't be surprised if you get answers to your questions at odd hours of the day.

Below are some links for your reference:

Learning Path and Interactive Videos

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117 

Weekly Challenges 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/bd-p/weeklychallenge 

We are glad to have you here.

Labels