Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Just starting - wanted to introduce myself ;)

C_Ottey
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I just starting and wanted to contact others just starting.

I'm excited but worried because my girlfriend had an accident that required surgery and needed me to help her when she came home so I wasn't able to start my case until now and I have about two weeks to finish 😞

My girlfriend feels bad about her situation delaying my start date and has offered to pay any schooling costs if I don't complete my certification training in the 90 day window.

I am worried because I really want this to be my new career since I'm currently unemployed, and don't want to rush the educational learning but I only have a few weeks to finish in my 90 day deadline 😞

I wish everybody the best of luck just starting out a 🙂

Curtis 

3 REPLIES 3
FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @C_Ottey. I am so sorry about your girlfriend's accident. I hope she is doing well and will have a fast recovery. 

Regarding the ADAPT Program, I am confident that you can make it on time. Make sure to share your questions in our discussion board for any help. Our Community is here to assist you through your journey! Good luck! 

Flávia Brancato
C_Ottey
6 - Meteoroid

Hi FláviaB,

Thank you for the kind reply to my message and the words of encouragement.

I am trying to learn as fast as I can so I can finish before my license expires, but if I try to go too fast I'm concerned I wont absorb the material properly.

My girlfriend is doing a little better but still needs lots of help from me with her daily basic needs while recovering. I'm not complaining because I want to help her, but it takes away from my course time and that is what has me worried about the late start and finishing on time.

Well I hope I can complete this course and pass certification in time because this career opportunity is such a lucky break for me as I am currently unemployed.

Everybody has their ups and downs and I thank you for your reaching out to me with encouragement.

Sincerely,

Curtis  

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

I completely understand your concerns, @C_Ottey. I suggest that you start a conversation in the discussion board that a shared with you so perhaps the ADAPT team can help with your course and deadlines. 😉 

Flávia Brancato
Labels