Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Hi, I'm new 'round 'ere

OzlemSigbeku
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

Name is Ozlem Sigbeku. I just started in The Data School, as part of Cohort 32, a few days ago. I am really enjoying my time learning Alteryx. I have already benefitted from the solved problems people have posted in the Alteryx Community pages. Hopefully, I will be able to participate in the challenges and maybe, eventually, solve a problem or two.

An interesting fact about me: I love movies. Most recently, I watched the three Godfather films again. You cannot go wrong with a classic and I would recommend watching.

Excited to be here!

10 REPLIES 10
JessL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome to the Alteryx Community @OzlemSigbeku ! 

I'd recommend checking out the Getting Started area, it is a great resource for new community members! 

Jessica Long
Online Community Manager
Alteryx
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @OzlemSigbeku,

Great to hear your interested in the challenges they are a awesome resource. Once you have done a few challenges I'd definitely recommend workings towards the core cert Certification - Alteryx Community if that interests you. Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the community.

I feel a little bad for saying but I haven't seen the Godfather films 😅 though I think I will try make an effort to watch the new Top Gun maybe 😄

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @OzlemSigbeku 

Nice to meet you and welcome to Alteryx family!

I'd recommend checking out the Getting Started Learning Path in the Academy, great way to start to take up your skills!

If you think you are ready, check out the weekly challenges! Note: the "Labels" component on the right

Feel free to start a new conversation in the Discussions section if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Prime Analytics Loves Alteryx

OzlemSigbeku
8 - Asteroid

The core certificate is defo something we will be taking as part of the Data School journey. Thanks for the links to the resources.

I actually just watched it! It was pretty good, although I wasn't a fan of the romance. I would recommend it, especially if you've seen the first one.

OzlemSigbeku
8 - Asteroid

Hi @afv2688,

Will check those out for sure. Thanks!

Oz

OzlemSigbeku
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Jess! 

Very useful. I will check it out.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi Ozlem, I remember my halcyon days at the DS (cohort 5). Welcome to the community. You're probably already solving a problem or two, right?

OzlemSigbeku
8 - Asteroid

DS5! How was early TIL? Solved 7 so far I believe :)

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Probably similar to how it is now. Stressful at the time, but rewarding. Great for being paid to learn by (at the time) Andy Kriebel. Expensive for lunches. Humbling for the table tennis losses. ...actually we didn't have a table back then. But we still had a beer fridge where midday drinking wasn't frowned upon. 

Labels