Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Hi, I'm Leeia!

Leeia_I
9 - Comet

Hi! 

I've been around for a few weeks working on the ADAPT program. I'm currently an unemployed Software Development student.

I found my way here because I've spent hours each day reading over COVID-19 statistics and trying to make sense of it. Actually, I love reading stats in my free time, so it only makes sense that I actually learn Data Science and make it a career. 

My hobbies include traveling, reading (I love dystopian stories!) trying new foods, and learning new languages. I'd eventually like to create more social events for people in tech, especially women and people of color. 

Are there any developers here? Students? ADAPT students? Human rights activists? Language learners? Book worms? 

Let's link up!

Oh, and I cannot choose if I like cats or dogs better! I love them all<3

2 REPLIES 2
OlivierLP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Leeia_I 

My turn to welcome you to the Community where you are already making a mark! 

Glad you found your way here! So... How did you find us? A mention in the press?  

Students and ADAPT participants are everywhere. Developers have a dedicated space here.  Pretty sure are some human rights activists, language learners and book worms. Personally, I like science fiction literature, But these days I tend to stay away from the dystopian kind...    

Regards,
Olivier
Leeia_I
9 - Comet

Thanks @OlivierLP !

I found out about the program in a Facebook group for black women in tech. I completely understand why someone would want to stay away from the dystopian stories because of what's going on in real life. They're more scary than horror stories, if you ask me!

Labels