Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Hello

pseguin1960
6 - Meteoroid

Hello

My name is Paul and I am just starting my journey into data analysis. A good friend of mine introduced me to data analysis a few months ago and I have been trying to learning whatever I can ever since.

I have been trying to learn a couple of programs (Tableau and Power BI) but have found them to be quite confusing at times and I started to second guess my decision. Then I came across Alteryx I was blown away by how easy this program is to learn, the lessons are very informative and easy to follow.

All of this is really new to me as I have been in the construction field for all of my career but I always felt I was meant for something else. Please be patient with me as I am sure that I will have a lot of questions along my journey.

I am very excited to be a part of this community and I am also looking forward to getting to know other people. 

Cheers

Paul Seguin

3 REPLIES 3
shannonem
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome to the Alteryx Community, @pseguin1960 and thank you for sharing so much about your journey so far. 

What resonated here was you saying "I always felt I was meant for something else" and that hit home for me because I have always felt the same way about my career journey.

This has led me to community but one piece of advice I have - do not discount your background in construction, those skills will also help you as you move into data analysis. You will be surprised how things overlap as you get started, you just have to think about it a bit differently. 😊

Take a look at our certification paths to get started and keep sharing with the Community.

Shannon Emery, she/her
pseguin1960
6 - Meteoroid

Shannon

Thank you for the welcome message and I am looking forward to being an active member of this community.

I do have a question that I am sure that you can assist me with. I started along the Learning Path 1 and I thought I had completed the section, I read the articles and watched the videos (or so I thought). 

I thought that when you completed the section and answered the questions correctly that it would show a green button next to the section? What needs to be done to allow the button to show green? 

Is there a tutorial that shows how to complete the sections in the learning path?

Regards,

Paul

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @pseguin1960 
great to have you as part of the community.

Sorry to hear you're facing some issues with the sections completed. Did you manage to fix that?
If not, can you screenshot what you are experiencing? I can take a look at mine.

Kind Regards,
TheOC

Bulien
Labels