Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Hello Alteryx Community!

Hatchetman
7 - Meteor

New to the community and looking forward to learning how to use Alteryx like a pro!

By professional background I would call myself a combination of a finance and a risk professional but looking to try and learn something new.  I have a very strong excel, data and reporting background, but some of my skills are getting stale, and I felt it was time to expand what I know to help make me more effective and marketable in the future.  I love to build customized solutions from scratch and love to tinker and figure things out.

In my personal time, I love to travel, read, play (mostly) board game, hang out with friends and family over some beer (or wine) and some good conversation, or just cuddle up with my dogs (and maybe even take a nap).

Some people see the glass as half empty, some see it as half full, but I see myself as a pragmatist that tends to see the humorous side (or the irony) in just about everything.

5 REPLIES 5
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Welcome to the best tech community on the interwebs @Hatchetman !   Sounds like your background is very similar to a lot of folks here and Alteryx will be a great tool to further your knowledge and skills.  I highly suggest heading over to the Alteryx Academy and checking out all the free resources there to start you on your way, including Learning Paths , Interactive Lessons,  and Live Trainings .  

And the very best way IMHO to learn Alteryx is to dive right in and try some Weekly Challenges .  And then eventually get your self Certified .  I think you'll find Alteryx very intuitive and with your background you'll have no problem getting off to a quick start.  And if you have questions or get stumped, check out the Discussion boards.  Although for a while it'll be primarily the Designer discussion board that you'll be interested in.  You can even post your own question and people are pretty good at responding fairly quickly.

Cheers!

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

Hello @Hatchetman  welcome to Alteryx community !

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Hatchetman ,

Welcome to the party.  Perhaps you'd like to share a photo of your dogs?  Here's a recent post:   Re: #NationalPetDay 2022 Share your pics ?

@mbarone and I are both Alteryx ACEs.  We are at the extreme spectrum of diving deep into Alteryx.  Check out the Inspire conference and if you attend (in-person) you can catch the Alteryx-Fever (no vaccine works against it).  You'll be fully immunized against Excel.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Hatchetman, welcome to the Alteryx Community! 

NitashaP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome to the Community! Excited to have you here! What are some of your favorite places you have traveled to? I too love to travel 😀

Labels