Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Greetings to all

pdave87
11 - Bolide

Hi everyone!

My name is Pratik Dave. I have started learning Alteryx Designer recently and look forward to any guidance (major tips 🙂 ) to clear exams of Alteryx certifications. I have completed Alteryx Core learning path 1 and it's assignments in General, Tax and Audit, HR. Next step is to work on use cases (beginners to advance) to built knowledge on Alteryx tools/functions. Ready to help new joiners with any questions around core functions of Alteryx Designer.

I am not from Data Analysis background but I find data prep very interesting on Alteryx compared to other tools I have learned in few years. My experience is majorly in treasury operations and recently I got opportunity to work as a UAT (User Acceptance Tester) for CECL project.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Good luck to all and looking forward to involve more with the community.

Stay safe and take care!

Regards,

Pratik

8 REPLIES 8
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @pdave87 , welcome to the Community!  Great to hear you've completed a learning path already.  Look forward to watching you progress!

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Welcome @pdave87 

You're on the right path! Be sure to also check out the official Core prep guide found here:
https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/ayx.policies/Core+Certification+Exam+Prep+Guide.pdf

The last few pages are packed with exam prep materials, practice questions and more. 

Good luck on your exam and happy Alteryx-ing!

pdave87
11 - Bolide

Hi @mbarone and @CharlieS, thanks for welcoming me. I made 1st attempt for Core Cert. yesterday and couldn't clear it. I managed to complete Practice exercises and Capstone Projects without referring solutions for Tax & Audit and HR however, when it comes to answering questions on specific tools my responses are not precise. @CharlieS thanks for guiding further. I will work on it and fingers crossed for 2nd attempt 🙂

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You'll get there; I have no doubt!

If there are some specific questions you remember that you missed on specific tools, another great resources is the Tool Mastery Index !!

pdave87
11 - Bolide

Hi @mbarone, thanks for the further guidance. I will also include tool mastery and examples while I'm reviewing each tool or as a guidance. I have started weekly challenges as well and each exercise is a very good learning experience. I did manage to complete few beginner level exercises without looking at solution but intermediate level requires some or complete references/guidance from solutions provided. It's great learning experience overall and the self learning resources are absolutely fantastic from Alteryx.

Really appreciate all the support from you and other experts and from the academy. Thanks once again.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You're very welcome!  You'll find this Community is committed to helping those that want to learn!  Weekly Challenges are extremely effective ways to hone your skills.  Cheers!

pdave87
11 - Bolide

@mbarone and @CharlieS I would like to thank you for motivating learners like me. I was able to successfully clear Alteryx Designer Core Exam on Saturday 🙂 only because of the help and guidance from subject matter experts like you. 

I want to take this opportunity to thank you and everyone in Alteryx Community for continous support.

Regards,

Pratik 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

That's awesome to hear @pdave87 !!  Congrats on that accomplishment!  What a great way to start the week!!!

Labels