Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

COVID-19 turned me to data science

LittleE
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

My last job ended a few months ago and I couldn't see any obvious job prospects over the short term.  I have also been interested more and more in jobs in which I can work remotely, in part due to COVID-19, but also so I can choose where I live and spend more time with family.  Hopefully, a job in data science can get me that.  When I saw the ADAPT program, I jumped at the opportunity to try this field.  I am trained as a scientist, but generally worked with small datasets that are easily manipulated in excel, so this is a new - if related - world for me.

I love being outdoors, birdwatching, exploring and travelling (at least, in the 'before'-times), and I love biology (I can't wait to get started on that recent weekly challenge regarding whale migrations).  

-e

1 REPLY 1
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @LittleE

Thanks for introducing yourself to the Community and welcome to Alteryx family!

Very glad to see that you are already registered to ADAPT. This will be a great adventure! Here you can find all the details and FAQs to help you in your journey!

Because you are an Excel User, you should also have a look to the Interactive Lessons: Excel Users.

Let us know how it goes with the weekly challenge regarding whale migrations.

Cheers, 

Steph Vitale-Havreng
Labels