Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Alteryx vs FME

kylekal
5 - Atom

I am an expert user of FME with a strong spatial background. I am going to be using Alteryx in my new role. What are the main differences between the two? 

2 REPLIES 2
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'm not familiar with FME, but I'm also not a huge spatial guy.  I have built several workflows however using many of the spatial tools available in Alteryx.  Take a look at the Tool Mastery Index, and scroll down to the Spatial tools.  You'll find out some good info there on what they do and what they can accomplish.  

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Index/ta-p/84593

AleksM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

In addition to the point above, I would also spend a bit of time in the Spatial Analytics Interactive Lessons, which will give you a solid idea of what you can expect in terms of functionality. 

Labels