Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Alteryx Enthusiast - Category Analyst

Alter6xdre
5 - Atom

Hello,

So I have finally built up the courage to introduce myself after months of just observing the forums. I am a Category Analyst for a retailer here in the United Kingdom.

Who am I?

I am an outdoor/fitness enthusiast and outside of work you will probably find me running, cycling and competing in the occasional community and after work football socials (the professional sport rejects!).

Alteryx adoption...

If I were to be self-critical, my technical skillset (whilst described as competent by peers) falls pretty short of the mark (or standard I would want to be at). Imposter syndrome comes to mind when reading some of the awesome things Alteryx users are achieving across the globe. 

I'm currently on the side lines with Alteryx, part of the community and a frequent listener of the podcast uploads. The organisation I work for does not currently adopt Alteryx, so I am not a user of the tool and have no hands on experience.

I have been on the side-lines for too long now and just look forward to getting stuck in even if that means the tool is something I learn outside of work and never get the opportunity to use it in a business environment (for now).

5 REPLIES 5
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Alter6xdre,

This is such a great post and well done for taking the plunge, I know from personal experience it's certainly not easy to sometimes!

Totally agree about the imposter syndrome, but we all started from the same position you're in now. Learning how to navigate the Alteryx interface!

And believe me when I say, no matter what level we get to imposter syndrome still exists. After passing the Expert exam earlier this year I still find myself suffering from it, the more I learn the more there seems to be for me to learn! I think about it in two ways, look forward at others and the community for inspiration and look back at what i've achieved and how far i've come from picking up Alteryx less than 3 years ago for comfort.

@LeahK is the ADAPT program still open? If you wanted to get started learning Alteryx in your personal time @Alter6xdre it would be a great pathway for you to do so!

Alter6xdre
5 - Atom

Hi @Jonathan-sherman

Thank you for words of encouragement. It's reassuring to know that it's a feeling those who are competent in the tool still experience. As a spectator I have become so enthusiastic about Alteryx and it's community. It's enough to motivate me to endeavour with a such a tool. I believe it would help my technical skillset come on leaps and bounds too. 

@LeahK - if there is anything you have in mind like the ADAPT program that I could consider I would love to get started. 

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Welcome @Alter6xdre 

Check it the ADAPT program, maybe you are qualified and voila, you can join the field instead of watching by the sideline.
Dawn.

Alter6xdre
5 - Atom

Hi @DawnHuong 

Thank you for reiterating the above. 

I will check out the program. 

Many thanks,

André

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Welcome!  Hope to you have you on this side of the sidelines in the very near future!

Labels