Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #89: Analyzing Social Data

tristank
Bolide

I did some basic cleanup of the Global Goals dataset. I wanted to look at original tweets only and split the hashtags by row so I can do some hashtag visualization. Fun stuff!

Révélation
89.png

olga_strubbe
Bolide

Thank you, @ChristineB !  Still not able to upload the screenshot - I submitted a ticket to support.  Please see my app attached. 

I used a similar approach for building an app as Christine, you recommended in your solution.  Thank you! 

rachel_lynch
Alteryx
Alteryx
Révélation
Analyzing Social Data.png

Rachel Lynch
Carolyn
Bolide

Solved. I went with an App so the user can select their hashtag and then see how many tweets the hashtag is in, and which other hashtags are with it

Révélation
2023-08-10 15_13_41-Window.png

ed_hayter
Quasar
Révélation
Tried to keep it simple whilst also making the final table flexible for analysis. Opted for a wildcard input to simplify the flow. Split tweets with multiple hashtags into separate rows. We will just need to remember to use a count distinct for IDs when conducting particular analysis to avoid duplication error. I also parsed out the tweet content columns and date time to make them work more effectively. I filtered out cases where the tweet content was unrecognized characters (?????? ????).

Challenge 89 WF Image.png
mithily
Astéroïde
Révélation
not my fave type of data 
gawa
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Simple analysis

Révélation
image.png
egalicha