Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #64: Catch Me If You Can

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Fun one!! Needed only a few tools to accomplish, and I left the county names in. Dynamic tools are wonderful

Spoiler
Spoiler
image.png
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

And another...

Spoiler
I began by creating the titles from the "Fields" input, which is a combination of the Category, Subcategory and Description, I then used Dynamic Rename to take the new column from the Fields input and replace the Name column from the data. I then used Dynamic Select to to remove the non-title fields.

Solution.PNGResults.PNG

Bulien

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Great use case for the Dynamic tools!

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 64.png
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution.  Not sure why the posted solution doesn't include a location field (seems important!) so I've kept that in.

Spoiler
challenge-64.PNG

nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Solution Attached!  Had never used dynamic select before.

samN
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
Created a long workflow only to realize that crosstab alphabetizes columns and then realized that a dynamic rename and select make it pretty simple.

Another one down

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Another use case for transpose and crosstab

LandonG
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Definitely not the best. Looks like everyone nailed it with a dynamic select. Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_64 - Snip.PNG
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.