Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #45: Parsing Bureau of Labor Data

Lucatelli
8 - Asteroid

Please find attached my proposed solution.

FlorianC
Alteryx
Alteryx

There are, as always, multiple ways to address this challenge. This one might not be the shortest but I believe that breaking the process down in detailed steps creates a self-documented workflow that can be easily audited and maintained.

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflow
Florian Carrier
Strategic Solution Consultant
Alteryx
danicahui
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 45 2020-07-28.jpg
TiwariVaishali
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

Spoiler
TiwariVaishali_0-1595939254473.png

JethroChen
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
challenge_45_jc.PNG
treepruner
9 - Comet

I have 60 more records than the end result, but the numbers look the same at the beginning of the file. I checked the official solution file and it has a year filter that removes several hundred rows that I don't see in the original challenge spec, but up to that we more or less had the same logic...

Owaisf
7 - Meteor

@NicoleJohnson's solution really gave me the proper insights to solve this solution with the help of Regex code effectively. I really had a hard time solving this one, because I picked advanced exercise "knowingly", even though I am just a beginner,  but I learned some new tools today, thanks for the solution @NicoleJohnson 

JoePC
9 - Comet

Solution Attached

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

My solution for Challenge #45. Output has changed since the challenge was published, I ended up with 1500 rows.

Spoiler
Annotation 2020-09-09 182559.png
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

The download file has changed since this challenge is published.

Spoiler
AkimasaKajitani_1-1599964026648.png