Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #424: Optimize the Energy of Your Playlist

RashedDS
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
424.JPG

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Brando 

Did you install the R tool? (RInstaller.exe)  The predictive tools and prescriptive tools like Optimization tool are needed for it.

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

perfect! now let's do some kNN to order the listed songs next!

Spoiler
424.png
olga_strubbe
11 - Bolide

This was a neat challenge, thank you, @AkimasaKajitani!

It was my first time using the Optimize tool.  Depending on how you structure your data, the Optimize output varies. 

I used 'Unique' tool to exclude duplicates of song names/energy and duration and the output was very close to the answer provided.  When I slightly updated 'Unique' tool to exclude duplicates of song name only regardless of energy and duration, the output was slightly different.  I found out the song names were the same in some instances, but energy and duration different - not sure if this was intended :)

Here is my solution attached + spoiler:

My workflow:

workflow.png

My output playlist: slightly different

table.png

Total Popularity/Objective: same as solution provided

objective value.png

Playlist duration: a few  decimals off - very close :)

playlist duration.png

braveraj
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
I'm getting some different results but close enough.
Playlist Workflow.pngPlaylist Results 1.pngPlaylist Results 2.png
fesrimo
8 - Asteroid

Same as the other, I am having different results than others, because one same song, can have multiples Songs ID, Popularity Number and Energy number.

My results here:

• Number of Songs: 21
  • Play list Timing: 3599.21s
  • Objective Value:  1264

My assumptions for this challenge were:

• Popularity number (High Value, more popular)
  • Songs name (Unique value – Even they have multiples Ids I am only consider as one)

WeeklyChallange424.png

Ginu_Sunny
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
Spoiler

WC_424.png

plozbin
8 - Asteroid

Very tough challenge. It took me a lot of attempts to be able to get the inputs and configuration for the Optimization tool right, but now I'll be ready for the next time I encounter it!

Spoiler
Alteryx Challenge 424 Solution.png

Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

First, I was upset that Limp Bizkit's Rollin (Urban Assault Vehicle) didn't make the list,

Spoiler
However, I was able to get the Optimization Engine to take 117 records before it started to take way too long to run as I would like to know if others had the same experience.
Screenshot 2024-05-02 140206.png

tammybrown_tds
9 - Comet

I don't get this....at all.  I gave up and will wait for the posted solution.