Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #424: Optimize the Energy of Your Playlist

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Per usual, when it comes to optimization I made it more difficult than it needed to be!  Somehow I missed the idea that we were using only the top 100!  I guess it pays to read the instructions carefully!

Spoiler
424.png
Tofel
8 - Asteroid

Took me quite a while to learn this tool

Spoiler
Challenge 424.JPG

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Had to re-read a few times to notice the unique songs only bit....

Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar

Hi All,

I'm struggling a bit with this one. I set my workflow up based on what I read in the Optimization tool help documentation. My O anchor input was the same as the solution, however for the A anchor input I used cross tab to put my variables in individual columns as the documentation says the following:

Doc.JPG

This set up clearly doesn't work. It's returning a song popularity of 1,318 and a total of 4813 seconds.

My incorrect attempt is attached. If anyone can shed some light on what I'm missing here that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
image.png
Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
I figured out the issue I was having - I needed to have the variables sorted in the correct order for constraints in rows to work. Updated file attached with two approaches: 1) constraints in rows, 2) variables in rows
Caramel8
7 - Meteor

Spoiler

had a slightly different solution but double checked and it seems to be valid. 

2024-09-07 16_57_56-Alteryx Designer x64 - Challenge_424_start_file.yxmd_.png2024-09-07 16_57_37-Alteryx Designer x64 - Challenge_424_start_file.yxmd_.png

Erin
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
BINARY..... why haven't I practiced one as BINARY before? Smooth sailing after that. 
c424.png