Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #417: Evaluation of Employee Working Hours

CSmith16
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath How did you get your data to be sorted in the right order after the summarize tool? I have even replicated yours on a new worksheet and it doesn't sort the same. I had to add in a column then remove it to sort it the same as the solution. I have even copied your tools into my workflow and they don't sort the same.

Edit: When I disable AMP, the summarize tool rearranges the sort order of the Employee ID every time I make a run.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-03-12 145313.png

olga_strubbe
10 - Fireball

Thank you, @DataNath, for a a neat challenge! 

My non-working days are slightly different from yours - I did not discount for the start of the first working day: I calculated how many total days from Jan 1 to Mar 31st and subtracted the days worked, as if the folks did not work right away on Jan 1st, I still counted it as their non-work day(s). 

I've also did a check to see if any of the shifts were worked on the same day (which did not take place in this scenario), but I wanted to verify to come up with a clean answer as to the number of non working days in Qtr 1 2023. 

Hope this works.  Thanks again for the challenge! :)

2024-03-12_14-43-41.png

Clem_
5 - Atom

Just starting to learn Alteryx. First time poster. My results are a little off. Not sure where the issue is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And just to note, since there were no shifts with zero work hours, I assume that no one worked on weekends. Thanks in advance. 

TurboToad
10 - Fireball

Here's what I put together. Calculated the total # of hours and sorted for the bonus question. 

Spoiler
417.PNG
CSmith16
8 - Asteroid

@Clem_ 

To get the same results for lower than 4 hours, you need to put an equals sign for lower than 4, you want all shifts less than OR equal to 4.

As for non working days, you can get that a bunch of different ways but the way you did it is not one. You need to find the minimum date for each employee and datediff against the start of April (because you need to include 3/31) then subtract days worked from that total.

And for the percentage below 4, you need to round either to the nearest .5 or just use the smart round function.

Spoiler
What you put:
Screenshot 2024-03-12 153756.png

Screenshot 2024-03-12 153756.png

Fixed:

Screenshot 2024-03-12 153756.pngScreenshot 2024-03-12 153756.png

Clem_
5 - Atom

@CSmith16

OHHHHH!!!!  Makes sense. Much appreciated. Thanks

nadasky
7 - Meteor