Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #412: Superbowl Time —Lowest-Ranked Football Positions

logdog0411
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler

Screenshot 2024-02-05 165911.png

Here's the problem: Higher numbers are lower ranks. (I.E. 1 is best, 2, 3, and so on)

So the results shown are the 5 HIGHEST ranked positions, not the lowest. If I wanted to sort for the lowest ranked positions (I chose not to because I'm lazy) I would change the Sort tool in the middle to Descending vice Ascending. This changes the 5 positions to CB, DB, FS, NT and S. 

(Football nerd question: If we have a CB, FS, and S category, why is there a catch-all DB category???)

Also the Y-axis on the line chart should be reversed - best ranks (lowest numbers) at the top. 

It took me some searching to figure out that to do this, you have to reverse the max and min in the "Axes" menu in the Interactive chart tool

I color coded for my beloved Browns (shoutout @ggruccio!) on the table and some different formatting for the line graph to make it pop a little. 

I embedded my output pdf as well as a photo of my favorite player, Nick Chubb.

Nick was ranked #17 in 2022, BTW 🏈🟠🟤

Go Browns!

nSpire
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
412.png
nhardin
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Screenshot_solution_412.png
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution!

Spoiler
20240206_1.png

20240206_2.png

TurboToad
10 - Fireball

Fun, creative challenge!

Spoiler
412.PNG
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Kenda 
Nice weekly challenge. Thanks.
Wondering why not the "Highest" rank though. 😁

Spoiler
challenge_412.PNG
alacoume
8 - Asteroid

My solution: 

Spoiler
Challenge_412.jpg
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I always overspend time trying to make something visual in Alteyrx, but then again, I seem to have enough time on my hands to do so... Keep those challenges coming people!

Visual

Spoiler
not a fan of the legend style that shows the layer, but it works for menot a fan of the legend style that shows the layer, but it works for me

Workflow

Spoiler
why autoconfigure and manual rename when you can apply some naming convention when the schema is consistent :)why autoconfigure and manual rename when you can apply some naming convention when the schema is consistent :)
Pipo
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-02-06 104355.png

olga_strubbe
10 - Fireball

A fun challenge, thank you, @AYXAcademy!

2024-02-06_08-55-12.png

2024-02-06_09-08-44.png