Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #407: Single Biggest Lottery Winner

nSpire
9 - Comet
Spoiler
407.png
mrinmoy_007
5 - Atom

Solution from my Side. 

SamBreen
7 - Meteor

My Solution 

Spoiler
Spolier Challenge 407.PNG

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Here's my take:

Spoiler
I built a portion to check for duplicate draw dates because that would immediately make this analysis bogus and not worthwhile. Afterwards, I added a Multi-Row Tool to find the total accumulated from the last draw whenever there was a new total of 0 (I interpreted this as a cashout for the winner). As we're looking for a single winner of the jackpot total, I thought to look for the highest cashout. I am assuming that the total field is not a summarisation of the other money fields, but that assumption needs a follow-up.407.png
SzymonDK
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge407.png
geoche
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Happy New Year !

My solution for this first 2024 challenge

Spoiler
solution.PNG
Sebastian_Chaieb2
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached

Spoiler
407.PNG

clairelardner1
5 - Atom

Solution: 

Capture.PNG

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

This was a nice and simple problem although, there is a mistake in the problem statement, since no draws have a sole winner 6/6 matches who "claim the entire accumulated jackpot" since every draw had 5/6 & 4/6 winners who also won some of the money. Regardless here is the solution:

Spoiler
_Main.png
LuisCarreyo
7 - Meteor

This was a pretty interesting challenge. 

Spoiler
I thought I had to convert the dots to commas, and the last comma to a dot. Couldn't find any ReplaceLast, so I thought this became impossible until I saw the output with no commas and figured that in order for the Summarize to calculate a Max it required no commas. I just complicated my life for nothing. lol