Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #405: Decorate a Christmas tree, Designer style!

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
W405.jpg
Sebastian_Chaieb2
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid

Very nice task :) I enjoyed working on it, especially using my beloved city, Kraków.

Spoiler
405-tree.PNG

405-workflow.PNG

Lorrain
5 - Atom

Thank you for this great challenge !

Capture d'écran 2023-12-19 143734.png

alacoume
8 - Asteroid

I cannot fill the tree and star even after specifying the filling color in...

Spoiler
Challenge_405.jpg

Edit : found the solution to my problem! 

rachel_lynch
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Decorate a Christmas tree Designer style.png

Rachel Lynch
olga_strubbe
11 - Bolide

Thank you, @ggruccio, for showing how to make ornaments different color.  Here is my new twist on the challenge with this added in :)

2023-12-19_11-02-38.png

braveraj
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
Holiday Workflow.pngHoliday Tree.png
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

Happy Holidays

Spoiler
Challenge_405.pngChallenge_405-1.png
TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

Another fun challenge! This one got interesting because I decided to base it on Seattle. That's far enough north that the distance between longitude lines was small enough to make the tree ridiculously stretched. So, I had to rescale the X coordinates. Other than that my only change was to keep some transparency on the tree and star so the map would show through a bit. Thought that looked better.

EDIT: I changed the scaling a bit -- made it more complicated than it needed to be. For some reason, I can't add a modified screenshot but was able to update the attached workflow.

Spoiler
WC 405.png

WC 405 Output.png

nSpire
9 - Comet
Spoiler
405.png