Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #396: Analyze the Ultimate Motorsport - Formula 1

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

It took me a minute to recognize we wanted a difference between best conditions and rainy conditions, but looks like Driver 9 would be the one to consider!AR_396.png

dkungu
8 - Asteroid

like many others, took a minute to understand the requirements396.png

Sebastian_Chaieb2
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

It was faster to use Cross Tab but I decided to stay with filters and join to received same header names.

However I am attaching second version as well :)

Spoiler
396.PNG

396_v2.PNG

peterr_h
8 - Asteroid

Used a slightly different method (Cross-Tab rather than filter and join) but ended up with the same result. Not sure how the delta showed the 'best' driver, however, rather  the most consistent.

peterr_h
8 - Asteroid

I also thought that C-T worked more effectively than filter and join!

Ray_Pospisil
8 - Asteroid

Solution in Alteryx, SQL and Python.

NOTE - Logic of finding the most suitable driver does not make sense though. Driver 1 was the fastest in Sunny as well as Rainy condition and his delta/spread between the fastest and slowest average is the second lowest right after Driver 9. In a real world, I would want to have Driver 1.

Hannah_Bartholomew
6 - Meteoroid

SPOILER

myastarling
10 - Fireball

Here's my solution :-)

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

Spoiler
Weekly_Challenge_396.JPG
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Missed the deadline while I was on vaction...

Spoiler
Workflow
Challenge_396_1.png
The output does not match with the expected value.
I checked the solution file but do not understand why it changes the lap value to "Float" type from "Double".