Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #379: Inspire 2023 Grand Prix (Round 2)

olacey

A solution to last week's challenge can be found here.

Challenge_379_Image.pngThis week's challenge is the second in a trilogy of challenges inspired by the 2023 Inspire Grand Prix. These challenges delve into real-life scenarios that numerous companies encounter on a regular basis. Last week’s challenge focused on the preparation and integration of data, and this week the challenge presents a spatial problem. Anticipation continues to build for the third and final challenge, which will delve into a predictive case.

If you are eager to experience the same exhilaration our racers feel in Las Vegas, take a quick, 2-minute glance at the instructions, start your timer, and record how long it takes you to determine the correct answers! Remember to share your time when you submit your workflow.

Let’s start now: 3, 2, 1, Go!

A company called ACE is evaluating whether they should set up regional distribution centers to handle their food deliveries outside of the Sydney, Australia area, namely those routes that contain stops outside a 30-mile radius from the ACE headquarters in Sydney.

Create a spatial route for each trip based on the sequence of stops (0-61) for each trip (Trip ID) provided in the data.

Then, for further analysis, only include trips where at least one stop on that route is outside the 30-mile radius of ACE’s headquarters in Sydney.

Of the trips with at least one long-distance stop, determine the following values:

1. How many trips included stops outside the 30-mile radius from the headquarters location?
  2. What is the average total route length in miles for those trips?
Omaira Lacey
Instructional Designer
mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

Easier when not on stage!

Spoiler
Make sure route number is a number!
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Right count, wrong average trip length... right trip length (thank you @mmontgomery )

Spoiler
Still cannot upload images... :/

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution. 7 min.

Spoiler

スクリーンショット 2023-07-11 000120.png

Why we can not paste the screenshot directly...

jacobcarman
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-07-10 100206.png

My solution. Took me about 30 minutes to complete.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
I went the Append + Distance tools route rather than the Trade Area tool route

Capture.PNG

nSpire
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
379.png
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@PhilipMannering @patrick_digan 

Turns out you can still copy/paste screenshots. You just have to click the camera icon first then you can ctrl + v in that little window that pops up

ahsanaali
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-07-10 182028.png

See solution attached.

braveraj
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
Still can't post screen shots of solution but oh well. Fun challenge!