Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #321: Eurovision

CHADD
6 - Meteoroid

PFA 

maggiexylin
6 - Meteoroid

Please see attached.

acmarv
6 - Meteoroid

Here's my solution...

LuisCarreyo
7 - Meteor

A few observations I found interesting while doing the challenge (spoilers if you want to solve this on your own):

Spoiler

1. For 1991, I looked up and found out that Sweden was the winner.

2. I thought using the Summarize tool once could solve the problem of finding the winner per year, but eventually had to use it two times in a row. First I had to make a sum of the points by edition and by country, and then look for the max by country. Also, the joining keys were crucial to have accurate outputs.

3. There were multiple ways I thought about filtering the Edition field, but eventually found easier equaling to zero those records that gave points to their representative. My alternative solution was creating a new field that had the countries that gave points to their representative and delete those records, but it was too much work for a simple task.

leebrittany
7 - Meteor

attached

Amayas
7 - Meteor

C321

Mikeimbi
8 - Asteroid

Solution with batch

geoche
7 - Meteor

My answer for this challenge. There is a small mistake in a the output dataset, the winner of the 1991 edition is Sweden not France.

Spoiler
solution.PNG

nikhil_jaju
7 - Meteor

Solution

snbandi
8 - Asteroid

My solution in preparation for Alteryx Foundation Micro-Credential Exam. Solved all of the Weekly Challenges from "Alteryx Foundation Micro-Credential Exam Prep Guide". Loading all of them together.