Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

CSmith16
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am using Alteryx Desktop Designer on a server for my company. I cannot open, view, or move the text input tool for the output on the start file. The program is not responding every time. Could someone provide me the data as a .yxdb file please so I can try and complete this weekly challenge.

EDIT: Got it!

michael_apau
8 - Asteroid

michael_apau_0-1686758626358.png

Tofel
8 - Asteroid

It does not look like an output, but I think I got the concept right.

Spoiler
Tofel_1-1686759328762.png

Clifford_Coon
11 - Bolide

My Solution:

Spoiler
challenge_003.jpg

cusher
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

Pete_Rodgers
Alteryx
Alteryx

that took some time to get my head around the output formatting

Spoiler
Pete_Rodgers_0-1686919385487.png

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

My solution.

Spoiler

The order of [Name] column is not aligned with the expected output.

I converted the Input and Output data from Text Input tool to Input Data tools (.yxdb files) for more efficiency.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1687056531217.png

reedy212
7 - Meteor

I did have to go back to the solution file quite a bit on this one. I think some of the outputs in the answer were messy and made the workflow much more difficult to understand. 

ejhaley
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid

I feel like there's a better way to solve this, I only calculated the 1st field to save time instead of calculating 12 different fields... notes in spoiler

Spoiler
ejhaley_0-1687268274603.png

Used multi-row to calc rolling avg successfully for the 1st field, but seems like a tedious amount of work to calculate something seemingly simple, especially for each individual field.  I've got to be missing a way to simplify this :/

rpcarniato
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
rpcarniato_0-1687276241971.png

I did not follow the suggested output layout because I tried to improve data visualization.