Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #262: With-invoice

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Appreciate I probably cheated a bit using dynamic rename to name the columns rather than get them from source. But figured I could easily have made a lookup table for renaming based on number of column out of the parse so used dynamic rename to save on some time.

image.png
alacoume
9 - Comet

My solution (quite manual...):

mithily
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
lengthy done without regex
olga_strubbe
11 - Bolide

A neat challenge, thank you.  I leveraged some of the elements in @Blake approach.  Thank you, @Blake!

2023-09-29_10-23-37.png

dougbaron
8 - Asteroid

got it!

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-10-02 150222.png
AndreeaS
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
262.png
Turley93
8 - Asteroid

Solution!

networkmike42
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-11-01 170025.png

LorenzNacilla
8 - Asteroid

Tried to make it as dynamic as I can. Had to play around with replacing the spaces with '|'

Spoiler
Challenge 262 Solution.png

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Getting back into weekly challenges after a little hiatus.

There are a few keys to this one - see after the spoiler break.

Spoiler
Key 1:
The dashed lines give you the size of the columns - you need to use these to figure out how to do the column breaks.   This is not all that uncommon in mainframe data
Key 2: Search for the beginning of the different sections to isolate the pieces that you need
Key 3: don't get confused by the row of Company data stuck in the invoice lines of the customer section.
Key 4: Dynamic rename - it's pretty awesome

I did cheat a little on constructing the field names for the result  in the Alteryx solution, but did it right in the Python version.

2023-11-17_15-23-01.jpg

#SnakingMyWayThruChallenges