Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #23: Parsing CPG Data

myastarling
10 - Fireball

This took me much longer to complete than I care admit and my solution is inelegant, but it runs acceptably quickly and gets the job done.

MitchellBliesner
8 - Asteroid

After taking a break from Alteryx, this challenge really threw me back in the deep end. I got a solution but it was wrong so I had to check with the actual solution. I had one filter wrong. && instead of ||. It's good to be using Alteryx again.

DanielG
12 - Quasar

solved

not my prettiest workflow, but it works. :)

SJKIM
8 - Asteroid

Finally, Done.. However I should see another person's workflow... It was very long

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Done!

Spoiler
image.png
Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
danielhoge
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-09-18 153350.png
Tgigs
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached.

Built the solution dynamically so as new measures and/or new brands and/or new weeks and/or new holding companies are added, the program will handle it automatically (assuming the general format of the spreadsheet remains the same).

Dani_Lin
8 - Asteroid

solved

Computernerd
8 - Asteroid

I guess my version kind of cheats since I didn't do any transformation.

olga_strubbe
11 - Bolide

Thank you, @GeneR!  A nice challenge.  I leveraged the approach in the solution, as it seemed most straightforward to me.  2023-10-10_12-09-36.png