Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #200: Sudoku Solver

gawa
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Done

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Solved the intermediate - did not need the boxID in the solving logic for intermediate but did it in preperation for the difficult challenge.

image.png

For the difficult I thought my logic was going to work as on the first iteration I assigned 10 squares, 2nd iteration matched 4 more squares then I seemed to hit a wall with my logic for filling in cells hit a wall. Will need to circle back to finishing off the advanced challenge
ed_hayter
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Came back to note that I did solve the difficult sudoku puzzle - the logic was fine, previously had the wrong config set up on the macro that was stalling a solution. Brain was too cooked to wrap in an iterative macro so just kept copying the same process until the whole grid was solved.

Spoiler
image.png
TerrenceM
8 - Asteroid

200-Basic

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

This one was a great challenge!  Managed all three levels by modifying my macro.

Spoiler
image.png
image.png
jassik
8 - Asteroid

Here is a solution for beginner level, soon will post intermediate

RasmusFormo
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
200.png
fluteman
9 - Comet

Solved all three.

Challenge 200 file has the beginner solution.

I couldn't find the intermediate solve, but suspect the advanced solution covers it!

Essentially, you need to covert the string into a grid and then the missing numbers.

(batch macro)

Then there is a sequence of macros:

1. clear out rows when a number is discovered.

2. clear out quadrants when a number is discovered.

3. determine if numbers can be eliminated from a cell (repeat step 1-2)

4. optional 4 - there is a rule in sudoku that if you have an exclusive pair 3,4 in row 1 column 1 and row 9 column 1; then no other cell in column 1 can have 3 or 4.... effectively allowing you to clear both values from any remaining cell. Example if row 5 column 1 had 1,3,4,7 - the remaining values would be 1,7

We eventually get to the end.

You definitely need standard macros at least. If you are smarter than me, you could probably put an iterative loop in there deinfed by some mathematical equation that escapes me!

Sebastian_Chaieb2
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid

For now only Beginner but definitely I will back to that challenge when will have more time as it is great opportunity learn Alteryx (macros) 

Spoiler
200.PNG

asultanov
8 - Asteroid

Solution for beginner. Will come back for intermediate.