Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #20: List Parsing

asultanov
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-03-18 094335.png
steven_quehan
7 - Meteor

I identified 4 missing phone number in the proposed solution dataset.

danbostrom
8 - Asteroid

AnaKomissaroff
8 - Asteroid

This one wasn't easy but seems that now I know Regex tool in and out 😁

Spoiler
Challenge_20_solved.png

Amy_smart
11 - Bolide

This is my solution.

Raj
15 - Aurora

Solved!!

Solving challenges is always enjoyable and beneficial for skill development.

vmazur24052020
8 - Asteroid

Pretty long solution to me (lots of piecemeal parsing), could not make it shorter.

In the start file, output file has 3-4 rows of incorrect parsing: US phone number starting from 8 or India phone number is not parsed correctly (and clubbed to the address).

Maxine
8 - Asteroid

This challenge is not an easy one... It took me much longer time solving it than I thought it would be.

I posted a solution about 2 years ago now I just realised how lousy that one was😂, with lots of unmatched values and still the result was partially unstructured.

Luckily the new solution I created perfectly tackles this challenge and it was a great learning experience! Now the result derived is 100% the same as the given output, not only with the values match but also even with the order of the records!

Hooray! Great Practice!😃

mshishido
8 - Asteroid

HERE

SJKIM
8 - Asteroid

Done