Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA
SOLVED

Challenge #165: KRYPTOS!!!

rmassambane
10 - Fireball

Nice one! I'm going to try Section III another day!

Pang_Hee_Choy
12 - Quasar

I have another solution for Section 3. Which also indicate by the site from JohnJPS

It also ease to encoded.

Spoiler
After I replace all the Text/Character to RecordID it become like this.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

After I convert to List. I found there have a fixed movement. which is Add 192 and the next will be minus 145.
2.PNG

Hence I create a list to test. I found another issue, it over 336 recordID.

4.PNG

After an analysis, it equal to the list when i used MOD( [Test] , 337) (I have no idea why not 336)

3.PNG

then base on this logic. we can ease to build a workflow for this.

Here my workflow

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

@Pang_Hee_Choy,

Great work - very nice and concise.  Mod(337) is a Mod of the length of the original text: and also, 192 + 145 = 337, that same length. So, what you've just created is a very quick/easy way to address any such mapping by using your trick of adding things up and the applying the Mod() function to specify the entire transposition: even if you didn't have the hint we found at the website, you could run through an iterative macro that tries 1/336 then 2/335 and etc up through all possibilities, and one of the outputs will be the correct answer.  A great tool to have in your bag of tricks. My second solution does something similar, but at first glance, yours definitely looks more efficient.

Again - great job!

- John

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Sections I & II. Need to spend some more time to understand S.III

Spoiler
dsmdavid_0-1582561445521.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

This was a great challenge. Need to come back again to work more on this.

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

hat's a good challenge! Will tackle sections III and IV another time (mostly because I saw some hints so now I'm trying to forget them and try again with a clear-ish mind). 

Spoiler
hanykowska_0-1590003110196.png

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Challenge 165 is done!

Spoiler
image.png
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Challenge 165 solved. Really nice challenge, I enjoyed this one probably a bit more that I should

Spoiler
Annotation 2020-06-12 065917.png
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC165.PNG

Parts 1 & 2 solved!