Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Weekly Challenge Index & Welcome (Page 1)

sgrabish1
8 - Asteroid

Very cool workflow!

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

At our analyst retreat a few weeks ago, we broke into groups to discuss learning opportunities. In answer to the question, "What learning experiences have been most beneficial?" nearly every group called out the Alteryx Weekly Challenge. (Our internal Alteryx users get together to work on one each week)

Thank you, @AYXAcademy team for all that you do to to produce these for us!

Thank you, fellow weekly challengers for sharing your solutions (and submitting challenge ideas) to help the rest of us learn!

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Challenge #184 Stats

No surprises that Create Points was the most popular tool used!

WC Stats.PNG

Congrats to @JORGE4900  for the fastest response

justindavis
10 - Fireball

Anybody know what's going on with the list of challenges today? Lots of challenges missing. @JoeM 

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 9.53.58 AM.png

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@justindavis  - should be up now!

DavidMorrissey
6 - Meteoroid

Looks like it's happened again (but different challenges are missing this time).

DavidMorrissey_0-1573850367318.png

Thanks!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @LordNeilLord  ; @Hannah_Lissaman  ; @mceleavey  and @Alekh ;

I've also been cooking a similar application to the one that you've been working on - so wanted to offer it up to you.

What this does is:

- Uses my own SQL server to see which challenges are not yet completed for a particular person  - that's a different canvas so I just query this from a table (you've got this piece in your macro)

- There's also a another macro that brings in a weekly challenge ID; description; difficulty as reference data

- It then creates a folder structure for you that has

- The original challenge (in a folder called "original challenge")

- All the posted solutions (so that you can see other people's ideas without having to click through to each)

- For each of the original challenge and every posted solution - it creates:

- a web shortcut for Windows to the entry on the community

- All the images

- all the attachments

- And a simple html page with the posted solution

Some of this is a bit intertwined with my home SQL server - so it may not be super easy to copy over pieces - but you're welcome to this, and I'm happy to help you if you choose to add some of these bits into the app that you have created for the community.

Drop me a PM if it's worth setting up time to explain this or work through it

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SeanAdams,

Loving this geek-off by the way...

Sounds good, I'm on site with clients this week but I'll try to have a look at this and get back to you. 

M. 

Bulien

TarunDeep
8 - Asteroid

Do we have a common dashboard somewhere, where we can go and filter our I’d and check the stats?

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @TarunDeep,

Go to the last page of this post and at the top of the post by @JoeM with the Weekly Challenges links there are several dashboards referenced that will give you your stats.  For even more fun, download one into Developer and modify it for your own reports and stats!