We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!Submit Feedback
At our analyst retreat a few weeks ago, we broke into groups to discuss learning opportunities. In answer to the question, "What learning experiences have been most beneficial?" nearly every group called out the Alteryx Weekly Challenge. (Our internal Alteryx users get together to work on one each week)
Thank you, @AYXAcademy team for all that you do to to produce these for us!
Thank you, fellow weekly challengers for sharing your solutions (and submitting challenge ideas) to help the rest of us learn!
I've also been cooking a similar application to the one that you've been working on - so wanted to offer it up to you.
What this does is:
- Uses my own SQL server to see which challenges are not yet completed for a particular person - that's a different canvas so I just query this from a table (you've got this piece in your macro)
- There's also a another macro that brings in a weekly challenge ID; description; difficulty as reference data
- It then creates a folder structure for you that has
- The original challenge (in a folder called "original challenge")
- All the posted solutions (so that you can see other people's ideas without having to click through to each)
- For each of the original challenge and every posted solution - it creates:
- a web shortcut for Windows to the entry on the community
- All the images
- all the attachments
- And a simple html page with the posted solution
Some of this is a bit intertwined with my home SQL server - so it may not be super easy to copy over pieces - but you're welcome to this, and I'm happy to help you if you choose to add some of these bits into the app that you have created for the community.
Drop me a PM if it's worth setting up time to explain this or work through it