Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Weekly Challenge Index & Welcome (Page 1)

Eleonora
8 - Asteroid

Hi guys!

I am new to the weekly challenges. I was wondering, what are the rules for participation?

- How much time to we have to complete a challenge after it is posted? Is there some deadline after which answers are not accepted?

- Do I always need to participate in the latest challenge posted or I can pick an earlier one?

Thanks!

Eleonora

Alekh
9 - Comet

Hi @Eleonora

There aren't really any rules to participate. Just open the challenge you're interested in, download the starter file and work from the input file until it matches the output file. From there, just attach your solution in the specific challenge thread and it'll be registered as you completing the challenge.

There is no time limit. In the beginning, you will often come across many that you can't do. Just save them for later and come back to it when you feel like you have more knowledge. 

You can pick whatever challenge you want! I'd recommend starting with the beginner challenges. Once you've figured one out, I'd highly suggest looking at other answers posted on the community. It's a great way of learning more efficient ways of completing the challenges and potentially learn new tools. 

Eleonora
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot for the reply, Alekh! Super helpful.

dpcurtis
7 - Meteor

New to the challenges and so far so good.

Where do we upload our challenges to get credit towards the infamous 100 patch?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @dpcurtis 

Just reply to to the first message in the respective week's post and attach your completed workflow to the reply.  You can add comment and pictures, but if it's something that spells out how you solved it, make sure to put it in a spoiler tag. 

Dan

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @JoeM 

I've completed my 30th challenge. Actually I'm on my 32nd now. Still no badge, though. Does it take too long to get it? 

Cheers,

hfanda73
8 - Asteroid

Hi Sean,

Just starting to get my hands on this weekly challenge thing and it's great. This might be a silly question but how do I post my solution to the challenge?

Regards

Henri

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Thableaus - we check for solutions nightly. Looks like you got the badge!!

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@hfanda73 - below the open text box where you would write your post, you'll see a gray box down below on the left with 'choose files'. Just attach your solution there!

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This is cool. I just submitted my first weekly challenge solution today. Thank you for having this great idea to make learning fun!