Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Weekly Challenge Index & Welcome (Page 1)

Erin
9 - Comet

Thanks @Luke_C ! And congrats on 150 challenges! That's quite an accomplishment! 

pdave87
11 - Bolide

To all experts,

This is my first ask 🙂 

I have been thinking for sometime, is there any way I can identify which challenge is covering core or advance or expert tools & concepts? I have experienced bit difficulty in picking up which one to attempt first (obviously I should start with basics first but I was able to attempt few intermediate challenges as well hence the dilemma 🙂 ).

If possible, I want to recommend weekly challenges to be split based on exams. 

This is just a suggestion, I do appreciate what is provided for practice is extremely valuable material for us and the time that experts spend on this community to develop and share knowledge. Grateful to be apart of this community.

My best to all.

Regards,

Pratik

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @pdave87 ,

the challenges are split broadly on beginner intermediate and advanced levels, but they are not directly related to the Core, Advanced and Expert exams. This would give away what was on the exams.

The best way to use these challenges as exam prep would be to assume the following:

Beginner->Intermediate = Core

Intermediate->Advanced = Advanced.

This is a broad definition but it's best to work through all the beginner challenges and some Intermediate when preparing for the Core exam.

M.

Bulien

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @pdave87 

Good question. As @mceleavey said, some of the test of the Core/Advanced exam is havingw a ell-rounded knowledge of the platform. 

However, if you are really looking to aim your learning towards the certifications, theres a few things you can do:

1. Study the Core Exam guide, to understand what toolsets/knowledge will be required within the core exam. This guide can be found here. Additionally, the description of the core exam states which tools/skills are being tested exactly:
    TheOC_0-1632336270275.png
  2. Search the weekly challenge index, for the subject you are trying to learn. Lets say for instance, you are interested in learning macros for the advanced exam:
    Pressing Ctrl+F on the weekly challenge index page, will allow you to search that whole page. Luckily, each challenge is given tags, which helps you identify what is being used within that challenge. In this case with Macros:
    TheOC_1-1632336375524.png

I can quickly find the 17 challenges that are tagged with 'Macros'

3. Additionally, a really good resource are the preparation videos for core and advanced - found here. These will take you through exactly what you need to learn to pass the core/advanced certifications.
  4. Both the learning paths, and Interactive lessons can be run through for specified learning. For instance, the Interactive learning has a full module on 'Advanced Certification Learning'.

I would recommend combining the learning materials (Interactive Learning and Learning Paths) with challenges that relate to them. For instance, completing a learning path on macros, and then going through some of the easier (basic or intermediate) challenges that are tagged with macros. The same can be applied for parsing, preparation, join, transform, interface etc.

Additionally, giving the exam a go, even if you don't pass will give you a detailed report of which sections you were good at and which you should look at revising. This can help you know which tagged challenges, and learning paths you should do to increase your score next time. Do remember, that you can retake the exam again after a short space of time, so theres no harm at all in giving it a go and having a look at the results!

Hope this helps!
TheOC

Bulien
tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

What happened to the rest of the challenge list?  The list is only showing Challenges 1 - 90.

KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I noticed it as well.

Is somewhere list of all challenges?

Karolina

MatthewBr
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@KarolinaRoza  Here is the list of all the challenges

Weekly Challenge Index & Welcome - Alteryx Community

The Workflow is only pulling the first 90. Very Bizarre. 

MatthewBr
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Looks like the link I just posted is only displaying 1-90 Right now.  Wonder what happened?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Looks like there's some new categories for challenges (Basic)  - so there's probably a redesign coming down the pipe... Also there's a new Certification Alteryx Designer Predictive Master - but registration isn't open yet...

SaoriG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

That's eaxctly what's happening right now. Please wait for our new filters and bear with our appearance!