Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Weekly Challenge Index & Welcome (Page 1)

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Looking forward to it :-)     So- we're officially declaring May to be "Big Data Matt Month"!   @MattD - this is a lot of pressure, you'd better not be thinking of bringing just mid-sized (or even little-sized) data during this May 'cause Joe's really set the stage now....

MattD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hahah I wouldn't think of it, @SeanAdams! #AlteryxHardOrGoHome

Former Alteryx, Inc. Support Engineer, Community Data Architect, Data Scientist then Data Engineer
JohnHG
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I am brand new to this, never really worked with Alteryx, more with SAS Enterprise Guide / Miner.

So I would like to go through these weekly challenges.

I've downloaded the first one, and found out it opens Alteryx, but there's no data file. How do I start, where do I find the data source?

Thanks,

John

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @JohnHG,

the weekly challenges generally have a text input on the top-right hand corner, which contains your input data.   There's generally a second text intput on the top right that has the expected output data.

The challenge then is to build an alteryx process in the middle to transform the input data into the same result as provided in the sample output.

I've attached an annotated screenshot below - hopefully that helps?

2017-06-25_8-53-33.png

JohnHG
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks, somehow it works now, but when I opened it the first time there was no data. Must heave been a download failure of some sort.

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@JohnHG, let us know if you have any questions! Happy challenging!

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

How often is the leaderboard updated? I think I've just scraped in there with 52. :-)

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@jamielaird - I Just updated it, looks like @nick_ceneviva has covered a lot of ground this month as he moves into the leaderboard! @NicoleJohnson and @estherb47 are staying up to date on the challenges!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

:-) subtle nudge @JoeM - thank you for the reminder.

@LordNeilLord and I talked about this with @JulieH at Inspire in London - specifically about the need to create the next badge for us all to aim at.   A few people cracked through the 75 badge, and we where hoping to have another target to aim for.

@nick_ceneviva - great work, you're on track to be the 5th person to ever get the much coveted 75 challenge badge!

@NicoleJohnson ; @estherb47 :-) nice work in keeping current - Neil & I have work to do to catch up!

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@SeanAdams I'm on it...in the next week or so I'll be getting back to it