Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Weekly Challenge Index & Welcome (Page 1)

terry10
11 - Bolide

Other than the few weekly challenges that have a main topic of apps or macros, which weekly challenges do you recommend I tackle to get more experience creating apps and macros? 

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Yep that is correct!

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

It would be helpful to know what version the challenges are posted in.  That would save time having to download and then realize I can't open them.  Thanks!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @FreeRangeDingo 

Check out the attached document to see how to open alteryx files, even if the versions are new than your own.

Dan

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Thank you very much.  That's helpful!

ChuyVBabs
8 - Asteroid

Is there a latency on leaderboard totals update?

The "Challenge Progress Tracker" confirms that I've submitted more than what the #10 position total shows - just wonderin.

- ChuyVBabs

TarunDeep
8 - Asteroid

Hi @T_Willins , Can't find the dashboard links. Can you please share the links! Appreciate your effort.

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
rmassambane
10 - Fireball

Hello!

Great tool. I have been enjoying and learning a lot doing the challenges!

I noticed that, for me at least, challenge #1 and #2 are not counting for my total, although I have done both. It might be happening for more people something similar too.

Anyways, take care and have a great night!

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

Hey everyone,

I started doing the Weekly Challenges a few weeks ago, and I can't emphasize how much knowledge I've gained. 

Thank you @JoeM for all of your efforts on this. I'd also like to thank you for the table provided above.

I am forced to work offline often while traveling. I really wanted a document saved on my computer that would have all of the information you provide in this chart. I also wanted it to be dynamic, so that it can be updated with a single run. 

Therefore, I developed this application that will prompt the user to choose a file location, and the format type (ie. .yxdb, .xlsx). The output is the table above of all the weekly challenges listed. It should also be dynamic so that when you add more challenges, they will be added by each run.

I'd love criticism, feedback and kudos (blushing).

Regardless, thank you @JoeM 

Enjoy

Jacob

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacob-kahn-/

Interface.jpg