Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Weekly Challenge Index & Welcome (Page 1)

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

THIS IS AWESOME!!

@alexh , @mceleavey  love the collaboration and creativity!

@cplewis90 - I should run an analysis on who had the steepest ascent, you'd be right up there!

@kelly_gilbert love the annotations! Congrats on cracking the leader board!

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@JoeM That would be a great analysis! Maybe next to the leaderboard we add a fastest riser leaderboard :D

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@Alekh @mceleavey,

I am a little confused and there may be some slight differences. I haven't dug in enough yet to see, but your two trackers show I have completed two different amounts of challenges. @Alekh - 141, @mceleavey -142. The difference is around Challenge 120 where I only posted a spoiler tag and picture and forgot to attach the workflow. I put it in spoiler for this just in case.

Spoiler
challenge 120 solution.PNG
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I think I know why there is a problem @Alekh@mceleavey. For some reason I decided to change the subject line for my Challenge #120 post to just say "Chris Lewis - Solution" removing the challenge # from it so the parse does not have a way of knowing which challenge it is. Not sure how @mceleavey did it. Looking at another challenge where I completed I noticed the differences.

comparison.PNG

Alekh
9 - Comet

Haha, what a very unique scenario. Had me worried that I'd have to redo a lot of the workflow. Still, it's important that I have a 100% accurate output regardless of the user. I'm lucky it was an easy fix. You made me think about it slightly differently. Instead of searching for challenge numbers, I use the end of the URLs of each challenge to get the thread ID and search for that instead. E.g. the end of the URL for challenge #120  (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-120-Popular-Baby-Names/td-p/171607) is 171607 which is the thread ID. Searching specifically for the thread ID tag within a user's post history within the HTML provides practically an infallible method now (don't wanna jinx it though!). All the regex now use a very robust parse so I don't think there'd be any issues from now on.

The difference between mine and @mceleavey is that mceleavey is searching for any instance of a response by you in a challenge thread. In 99% of cases it'd be good enough. But there are cases where a user may post in a challenge thread without posting a solution. So basically my workflow will search specifically for any instances for a spoiler, attachment or image.

Thanks for the find. I've attached the updated version. 

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Love this, @Alekh , and honored to be the test user!!

jyotijyoti_dup_475
8 - Asteroid

HI,

Do we need to complete all the challenged and upload here?

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @jyotijyoti_dup_475,

You reply back to each challenge separately as you complete them.  For example, at the beginning of the thread for Challenge 1 is an explanation for Challenge 1 as well as the start file.  After completing Challenge 1, reply back the post that started Challenge 1 and attach your workflow with your Challenge 1 solution. 

Have fun and happy Alteryxing!

Alekh
9 - Comet

Oops, was just let known that I let a few extra column pass through in the final output. Got rid of them. Can't edit my previous reply so making a new one. 

Shelbey
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi! I just learned about the Weekly Challenges last week at Inspire 2019 so I'm really new to this. It looks like when everyone completes a challenge they just reply to the challenge and upload their solution... Is this correct?