Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Weekly Challenge Index & Welcome (Page 1)

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

THIS IS AWESOME!!

@alexh , @mceleavey  love the collaboration and creativity!

@cplewis90 - I should run an analysis on who had the steepest ascent, you'd be right up there!

@kelly_gilbert love the annotations! Congrats on cracking the leader board!

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@JoeM That would be a great analysis! Maybe next to the leaderboard we add a fastest riser leaderboard :D

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@Alekh @mceleavey,

I am a little confused and there may be some slight differences. I haven't dug in enough yet to see, but your two trackers show I have completed two different amounts of challenges. @Alekh - 141, @mceleavey -142. The difference is around Challenge 120 where I only posted a spoiler tag and picture and forgot to attach the workflow. I put it in spoiler for this just in case.

Spoiler
challenge 120 solution.PNG
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I think I know why there is a problem @Alekh@mceleavey. For some reason I decided to change the subject line for my Challenge #120 post to just say "Chris Lewis - Solution" removing the challenge # from it so the parse does not have a way of knowing which challenge it is. Not sure how @mceleavey did it. Looking at another challenge where I completed I noticed the differences.

comparison.PNG

Alekh
9 - Comet

Haha, what a very unique scenario. Had me worried that I'd have to redo a lot of the workflow. Still, it's important that I have a 100% accurate output regardless of the user. I'm lucky it was an easy fix. You made me think about it slightly differently. Instead of searching for challenge numbers, I use the end of the URLs of each challenge to get the thread ID and search for that instead. E.g. the end of the URL for challenge #120  (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-120-Popular-Baby-Names/td-p/171607) is 171607 which is the thread ID. Searching specifically for the thread ID tag within a user's post history within the HTML provides practically an infallible method now (don't wanna jinx it though!). All the regex now use a very robust parse so I don't think there'd be any issues from now on.

The difference between mine and @mceleavey is that mceleavey is searching for any instance of a response by you in a challenge thread. In 99% of cases it'd be good enough. But there are cases where a user may post in a challenge thread without posting a solution. So basically my workflow will search specifically for any instances for a spoiler, attachment or image.

Thanks for the find. I've attached the updated version. 

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Love this, @Alekh , and honored to be the test user!!

jyotijyoti_dup_475
8 - Asteroid

HI,

Do we need to complete all the challenged and upload here?

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @jyotijyoti_dup_475,

You reply back to each challenge separately as you complete them.  For example, at the beginning of the thread for Challenge 1 is an explanation for Challenge 1 as well as the start file.  After completing Challenge 1, reply back the post that started Challenge 1 and attach your workflow with your Challenge 1 solution. 

Have fun and happy Alteryxing!

Alekh
9 - Comet

Oops, was just let known that I let a few extra column pass through in the final output. Got rid of them. Can't edit my previous reply so making a new one. 

Shelbey
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi! I just learned about the Weekly Challenges last week at Inspire 2019 so I'm really new to this. It looks like when everyone completes a challenge they just reply to the challenge and upload their solution... Is this correct?