Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Weekly Challenge Index & Welcome (Page 1)

Novice
5 - Atom

I am just starting now. Where do I submit my solutions and how do I know if one is accepted/rejected and my ranking on the leaderboard.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @Novice

in order to play you just have to pick a challenge, build a workflow and post a reply in the specific challenge thread with your workflow attached.  As for being accepted or rejected, I not sure what the criteria is.  It's think its more of a learning exercise as opposed to an actual competition.  Your best effort is what counts.

The first page of this thread contains the "leader board" as it stands.  It currently displays the top "ten" users in terms of number of challenges completed.  "Ten" is in brackets because it's a generous ranking including duplicates.  Just below this is list of all the challenges available along with their difficulty.  Since you're just starting you may want start with the basic ones and progress to the harder challenges later

Have Fun

Dan

Novice
5 - Atom

Thanks Dan,

I have solutions for first 2 challenges.

Regards,

Saqib

SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Hello @JoeM,

Thought I'd share with you and the rest of the Alteryx community this little self-tracking flow I've written to help keep track of which challenges you've completed.

Capture.PNG

It utilizes the download tool to scrape the Weekly Challenge table you keep so kindly updated for us all, applies some cleaning and parsing, joins onto a data source containing a list of completed challenge numbers and then produces a summary report of challenges that you have and haven't completed. It even provides a clickable URL link to each of the challenges that can be browsed within Alteryx Designer.

Capture.PNG

It will hopefully be of some use to people, but if not it has been an interesting project over the last 24 hours to get to grips with the download tool.

PS Thanks for all the interesting challenges!

Sam :)

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you for posting this @SamDesk - and for the work it went into doing such a comprehensive job of making this accessible for others!

SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Hi @SeanAdams, no problem - always happy to share and learn :) 

A question I'm hoping either yourself or perhaps @JoeM could answer; do we get credited for completing old challenges? I've only had Alteryx for the last month but I'd love to complete the previous challenges, be credited for them and earn those badges!

Sam :)

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@SamDesk - yes, we run a workflow across the challenges every night. If your not getting the number of badges you would expect on the turn of a new day, just give me a shout at jmiller@alteryx.com

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Welcome to the top ten challengers list @pasccout.  BRP is slowly taking over! 

Dan

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Dan!  Go BRP!

sann0638
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I'm guessing there is no overall list of how many challenges a given person is down as having completed?  Happy to be wrong!

And thanks for all the work that goes into these.

Mike