Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

How to Respond to a Weekly Challenge

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a "beginner" weekly challenge starting point for new users to Alteryx?

Highlighted
11 - Bolide

@kspence703 - a great place to start is the Weekly Challenge Index and Welcome, which contains a list of all of the past challenges. There is a level-of-difficulty rating and 

subject (Data Prep, Spatial, Macros, etc.) for each challenge.

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Very helpful and can I work past challenges and post?   

Highlighted
11 - Bolide

Hi, @Schuler2 - yes, you can go back and work past challenges!

You may run into a few small issues with older challenges that involve downloading data from a website, because the files could move over time (challenge #96 - Who Stole My Latte? is an example).

Welcome to Weekly Challenges! They are great practice, and collecting the badges on your profile is a lot of fun!

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

What may be the reason, that replied posts are not immediately shown in the relevant thread after submission? I have tried several times for #208 and #211. But my post simply does not show in the trail. Does it mean that I cannot post any more? In each post, there are at least one sentence, a picture within the "spoiler" declaration and uploaded solution file. In the past, the post will always immediately show. Really strange!

Also, the community's website seems to have been slowed down somehow which hopefully does not connect to the strange behaviour of posting replies. 

Highlighted

Hello @LiD 

It appears your posts were set to review manually due to the frequency of posts. I have manually approved all of your posts from Saturday. I apologize for the confusion here!

As for the speed, this is being looked into now!

Thanks,
Trevor

Community Moderator
Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hiya Trevor, my posts for solution Challenge 6 , 203 and 205 are not appearing. Can you please approve?

I double posted Challenge 6 because I thought I did something wrong when it's not appearing. Sorry!!

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Note that the expected output treats the negative responses as subtracting the score while the official scoring is that it should be the reversed score.  So 1 is 5, 2 is 4, 3 is 3, 4 is 2, 5 is 1 and then added in.  

I converted the scores to be a row 0 on my records but couldn't figure out a way to reference row 0 so I hard coded the formulas.